Float tanks create an experience unlike anything else. Thanks to a high epsom salt saturation, floatation tanks allow users to balance effortlessly in the water and to relax every muscle in the body all at the same time.
The key to the Floatation Tank experience is high-quality epsom salt. But how do you know which epsom salt is the highest quality? And if you’re a Float Spa owner, how do you find bulk epsom salt suppliers and distributors?
In this blog post, you’ll find an overview of the different epsom salt grades and point you in the right direction for finding a wholesale epsom salt supplier.
Why USP Grade Epsom Salt?
Epsom salt (also known as magnesium sulfate heptahydrate) is a chemical compound containing magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. This type of salt has been used for centuries in relaxing the body via soaking, in personal bathtubs and more recently in floatation tanks.
To create the “float” experience, the tank is filled with a highly saturated mixture of epsom salt and warm water. The salt allows the body to remain buoyant, so the soaker can completely relax the muscles while being gently cradled by the water’s surface.
Not all epsom salts are created equal. When looking for bulk epsom salt for floatation tanks, always look for the “USP” designation on the label. USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia, and means that the product has met the strict quality and testing standards set out by the United States Pharmacopeia publication first founded all the way back in 1820. Any product with a USP grade must meet testing requirements for:
When one invests in only USP grade epsom salt, they can rest assured they’re getting authentic and pure epsom salt with maximum potency and performance capabilities.
What About A Certificate Of Analysis?
When buying wholesale epsom salt, it’s not just the USP label you want to look for. A COA, or certificate of analysis, is a document from a manufacturer to a buyer or consumer of wholesale epsom salt proving that their product meets requirements or expectations.
The FDA, or Food and Drug Administration, requires COA documents to include:
• Materials identification – Materials must be identified and verified using product codes, product descriptions, and lot numbers.
• Supplier information – This includes the name, address, and contact details of the material supplier or suppliers.
• Evidence of conformance – The evidence of conformance includes specific product characteristics, test results, and evidence of industry standards.
• Transportation data – Transportation data includes customer contact details, original purchase order, and item destination details. This is included to confirm authorization and meet shipping requirements.
• Signature – A signature is included in the COA to prove that evidence has been provided and approved by an authorized product inspector.
When purchasing wholesale epsom salt for floatation tank devices, it’s important to provide only what can be relied on to achieve a safe, satisfying, and relaxing float experience. Float tanks are highly saturated, using quite a bit of epsom salt for every float, and knowing that users can trust what they’re floating in is important. By seeking out and purchasing only bulk epsom salt with USP certification and a complete certificate of analysis, float tank providers can rest assured that they’re providing only the highest quality, safest, and most relaxing experiences possible.
Here at BulkEpsomSalt.com we offer the highest grade Bulk Epsom Salt for Floatation Tanks. We are also happy to provide an official COA with your order. Call us today 818-203-7698 to order!